Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wushu Video

I just finished editing a wushu video I shot back in May of 2004. It was a demo done by a bunch of kids and is very inspiring to see the level of skill for their age. This is just a small bit of the afternoon long display of their wushu skills and gongfu training. I hope you will find this inspiring as well no matter what style you practice.





YouTube link to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAC3a0iHojU for those who have iPhones or enjoy YouTube formats.

The Video was filmed back in May of 2004 at the Yue Shan Temple (Moon Mountain Temple) which is in Bo Ai County, Henan Province, China. Moon Mountain Temple (a Chan or Zen Buddhist temple) was built in the 12th Century. This area of China also has a very long martial arts history.





Like I said I have a lot more footage from the time I spent there including some nice footage of a Chen Taiji form. Also there is some good video and instruction in fighting and working different movements.

The next video project is some footage of Master Di of Beijing doing a very nice Bagua Sword form in a private setting and then going over some good pointers on footwork, basic practices, and circle walking. We will have to see what ends up on the floor of the editing room. Let me know how you like these video and I'll post more of course!

Also, stay tune as I will also be posting some good pointers on Wujifa and Zhan Zhuang alignment focusing on key points to aid people with getting into a good stance, what we like to call 1, 2, 3, 4 and 1, 2, 3, 4. Until then be sure to stop by and check in.

7 comments:

  1. Always enjoy the vids Rick! Looking forward to more basic zhan zhuang tips in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aho

    Me too... I realt believe ZZ (standing) is key to getting it. Or should I say correct practice in standing practice...

    Looking forward to reading your new blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask and ye shall receive... ;D Didn't bother with format or tidying up everything but I put up my first post! Let me know what you think if you get a chance to read...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see this is so hard looking the level of age they have I'd like to get these incredible skills in order to increase my level as a fighter.

    ReplyDelete